1. We got to see Mark (Chris’s brother) and met his awesome girlfriend Liz.
2. Totally by chance, I had a private tour of Soldier’s Field by its head custodian Nick. The view was incredible and the photo doesn’t do it true justice. PS . This is proof alone that it pays to be nice to everyone you meet.
3. Chris did his fastest time in the last 4 years at the 2012 Chicago Marathon all while stopping to give me a kiss. Time 2:46. He beat around 37500 people all due to the fact that he rubbed the nose of the stone lions in front of the hotel prior to the race for good luck.
4. Chicago is clean.
5. The mirrored bean is really fun, even if I’m not sure of its meaning.
6. I survived the ferris wheel despite the fact that I wanted to throw up from its height. The view was worth it.
7. The magnificent mile was something to see(even though it feels like a knock off of New York’s 5th Ave.)
8. For some reason, the entire city seemed to smell like warm chocolate chip cookies
9. The city has so much going on and with the limited time we had, another trip is a must.
10. The hotel’s giant bathroom was so totally awesome and fantastic (tv and all that), that I felt myself wishing I could live in it and never wanted to leave.